We are looking for a full-time Life Enrichment Manager to oversee all activity programming for The Springs Health Center.
The Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for the overall planning, coordinating and implementation of a wide and varied scope of activities and programs designed to meet the unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the Springs Health Center residents and guests through the community’s person-centered, activity-focused programming.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages and directs the functions of the activities programming to include ongoing staff training and assistance in program implementation.
2. Evaluates resident activity needs and works in collaboration with community care staff members to explore opportunities for resident engagement and plan and schedule all daily activities based on individual needs and resident interest.
3. Hires, promotes, observes and evaluates performance of activities staff to ensure quality standards and service, and completes investigations and disciplinary write-ups.
4. Coordinates, oversees and provides recreation activities including current events, discussion groups, re-motivation therapy, sensory stimulation, cultural activities, religious services, special entertainment, special events, and one-on-one visits, as indicated.
5. Manages outings including driving the Monarch Landing bus, assisting with loading and unloading residents from the vehicle. May assist with the movement of residents to and from recreational areas.
6. Coordinates family involvement in activities and special events.
7. Responsible for the completion of each resident’s Life Bio. Ensures that the document is completed soon after move in and is updated as needed.
8. Prepares and maintains pertinent medical records, reports, and schedules in accordance with state regulations at health center.
9. Ensure necessary supplies and resources are on-hand for each program. Purchases and inventories supplies and equipment. Inspects recreation equipment to determine repair and maintenance needs and cleanliness.
10. Directs volunteer activities, enlists their support and coordinates their efforts; provides orientation, training and supervision of volunteers.
11. Provides education and training on the topics of dementia for new hire and annual requirements.
12. Maintains accurate documentation of residents’ progress and responses to program.
13. Completes MDS activities sections as scheduled with corresponding CAA documentation and care plan development.
14. Interacts with other disciplines involved in providing continuity of care for all residents.
15. Participates in the preparation of community’s budget with regard to recreational services, maintaining financials throughout the year.
1. Bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy or related field required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of appropriate professional experience in geriatrics, recreation or long term care required; some supervisory or management experience preferred.
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience with best practices in dementia care.
4. Completion of Activities Director Certification course as required by state of IL.
5. Valid IL State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement required within 90 days of hire. Good driving record required.