The Terraces Healthcare at The Clare currently has an opening for a full-time Life Enrichment assistant. Serving Skilled Rehabilitation, Memory Care, and Assisted Living. This position reports to the Life Enrichment Manager and assists the Life Enrichment Lead. We are looking for an energetic, creative, and positive individual who has a passion for serving the elderly through engaging and exciting life enrichment programs.
Hours may vary slightly depending on special events. Schedule flexibility is appreciated.
Shift is Sunday-Thursday with two options available for hours.
Sunday and monday 8a-430p
Sunday and Monday 8a-430p
To apply please email resume to Nicole Gamble, Life Enrichment Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clare 55 E Pearson St Chicago, Il 60611
The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for assisting with the overall planning and implementation of a varied activity program designed to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the Terraces residents.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assists with planning, coordinating, and implementing activities including but not limited to: welcome orientation, current events, discussion groups, exercises, sensory stimulation, cultural activities, religious services, special entertainment, outside trips, special events, one-to-one visits, and any other scheduled or requested programming.
2. Assists with preparing and distributing the monthly calendar and newsletter.
3. Assists with purchasing supplies for activities as needed. Will be reimbursed 100%.
4. Effectively communicate with Life Enrichment team, Manager, and other departments within The Clare
5. Safely performs and directs the movement of residents to and from recreational areas.
6. Directs and/or assists with volunteer activities, enlists their support and coordinates their efforts; provides training and supervision of volunteers.
7. Maintains accurate documentation of resident’s activity attendance.
8. Plans and coordinates activities in the absence of the Life Enrichment Manager.
9. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned. 10. Complete activity assessments, clinical notes, and MDS sections in a timely and detailed manner.
11. Performs any other specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• High School degree required.
• 1 yr experience in social/recreational program in a licensed health care setting preferred. • Strong written and verbal skills required
• Experience and comfort in leadership and group work with people of varying needs required. Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Proficiency with computers highly preferred.
• Background/experience in music/art/movement preferred.
• Current CPR certification preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting for approximately 60% of work day. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to push residents weighing up to 250 lbs. in gerichairs and/or wheelchairs. Must be able to read and speak English, hear, and be able to stand and/or walk for the majority of the day. May be exposed to communicable diseases, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses, industrial and household chemicals, offensive odors and combative behavior.