Part time available:
Mondays 2-8pm and Tues-Fri will be 4-8pm
Some weekend rotations will be required
- About the facility:
Our center is a stop-over between hospital and home. We focus on post-surgery patients; helping them recover and get stronger so they can transition home. This is not long term care; we have patients of all ages. Most of them are only with us for 14 days (or less). The patients are alert and interactive. You can expect to be busy and time will fly by fast on your shift.
This Activities position is different.
We title our department “Events”, not activities.
* Yes, you will be leading and participating in events (group and individual activities). But you will also:
* Rotate into the front reception/welcome desk to help with coverage and
* Participate in concierge duties – this may include orientating new patients to the building, ensuring they have what they need, possibly even serve a meal … We all help out in other departments.
This position is essentially “guest relations” – keeping them engaged, comfortable & accommodated during their stay.
- What we need from you:
* Ideal candidate will have prior Activity Assistant / Aide experience
* Prior experience with short term rehab patients within a skilled nursing facility is a must
* If you do not have prior Activities experience, we will consider a CNA, MA, Rehab Aide or students enrolled in a healthcare educational program
* Electronic medical records experience (Point Click Care)
* MS Excel & Office proficient